Chat GPT is a new AI ‘tool’ from Open AI – the company behind Dall-e. Chat GPT will provide information in text form to any question you ask it. The more detailed a question, the more detailed an answer you get back.
What is the AI Potential for SEO content?
At first glance, Chat GPT could be a quick way to write thousands of words of content in minutes. For websites looking to grow, this could be the cheapest way to build out a website of relevant content. However, this is a very risky strategy that we do not recommend.
5 Reasons why GPT cannot write your SEO content
- Accuracy – GPT is not a fact engine. It is connecting questions with content it thinks matches the brief. It does not come with any guarantee this information is correct. Dates may be wrong, facts may be inaccurate, opinions may be offensive.
- Plagiarism – The AI doesn’t write ‘new’ content, but compiles words, sentences and paragraphs from existing content. There is no guarantee the copy you receive is unique and may fall foul of Google’s algorithms.
- Lack of Brand / Tone of Voice – The AI generated content will not have any of the characteristics or tone of voice that needs to represent your brand online.
- Relevance – words on paper don’t mean they are relevant to the search query or the prompted product or service.
- Google Actively discourages it – This should be reason enough! Google continues to evolve it’s algorithm to discourage/down-weight content it believes has been automated. With over 60 trillion pages indexed by the search giant, it has seen so much more than the 8 billion used to build GPT3, so it will know more about what pages are real and which are generated.
Successful SEO copywriting is so much more than just words on a page. Whilst the temptation may be to fill pages with words we urge caution. With the Helpful Content algorithm update of 2022, and the consideration for ‘Experience’ to add to EAT signals there has never been a greater importance on the value of unique and relatable content for SEO.
Talk to us about how we can help with your SEO strategies.
What does GPT stand for?
GPT stands for “Generative Pre-training Transformer.” A type of artificial intelligence model that has been developed to generate human-like text. GPT models are trained on large datasets of text and are able to generate coherent and coherently formatted text that can be used for a variety of tasks, including language translation, summation, and question answering.
Was there a GPT 1&2?
GPT3 is the current platform (January 2023.) There was a version 1 & 2 but GPT3 is the first time the tool has been opened to a wider audience for testing. GPT-1 started back in 2018 learning from 8 million web pages. GPT 2 came a year later with GPT-3 opening up just before Christmas. We expect GPT-4 to have an even larger database of content to learn from.
What is the difference between ‘Chat’ GPT and other AI Content Creators?
Normal AI content creators will give you information based on each prompt, essentially without ‘memory’. The ‘chat’ element means the system will remember the context of the overall discussion, just like two people would have a conversation. You could ask it to tell you the history of the Rolling Stones, then ask it to list their most popular albums, without needing to remind it of the wider context.